Here Is How Cambridge Curriculum at Harrods International Academy Opens a World of Opportunities for Your Child
At Harrods International Academy, we believe that education extends beyond fact-finding, memorisation and reiteration. Our children deserve so much more than that — they should be stimulated, excited and invigorated by the possibilities that lie within and outside the classroom.
Our commitment to academic excellence, combined with our holistic approach to education, has led us to become one of the best international schools in Phnom Penh. At Harrods International Academy, your child’s education in Cambodia will be an enlightening experience. We offer a hands-on learning environment that prioritises social and emotional well-being.
We believe that the Cambridge Curriculum provides students in Cambodia with an opportunity to broaden their horizons and prepare for personal and professional success, which is why we offer it to our upper-secondary students at Harrods International School. This curriculum, when implemented by one of the best English schools in Cambodia, will open up a world of possibilities for your child.
About Harrods International Academy: The Top English International School in Cambodia
Harrods International Academy offers each student an individualised learning experience. Our goal is to provide every child with the support they need to learn, grow and develop into the best version of themselves.
We are one of the leading British schools in Phnom Penh, offering an English-based curriculum to all our students. Our staff members consist of the most qualified educators in Cambodia. They collaborate to create a nurturing environment where the academic, emotional and physical needs of our students can be met.
We are proud of our reputation as the best Cambridge school in Cambodia. Learn more about the Cambridge Curriculum at Harrods International Academy today.
The Cambridge Curriculum at Harrods International Academy
At Harrods International Academy, we have chosen to implement the Cambridge IGCSE since it is widely regarded as one of the best international programmes in the world. It is considered to be the leading option for pre-university education, as it equips students with the 21st-century skills they need to thrive in any field they wish to pursue. Soft skills such as resilience, critical thinking, digital literacy, problem-solving and creativity are emphasised throughout the curriculum.
The Cambridge IGCSE is available to students in Years 10 and 11. The success of the alumni at Harrods International Academy speaks for itself. The graduates, who have completed the Cambridge IGCSE, have gone on to earn World Topper rankings in the IGCSE board exams and have gained entrance to some of the most elite universities around the world.
What Is the Cambridge IGCSE?
For more than 30 decades, the Cambridge IGCSE has been preferred by international schools around the world as it not only allows students to develop a solid academic foundation but also because it offers a global perspective. Students in international schools in Cambodia who complete this programme develop a sense of cultural awareness that allows them to interact and collaborate with people from all backgrounds effectively.
The Cambridge IGCSE has come to be known as the leading international curriculum in the world. It is based on the GCSE (General Certificate of Secondary Education) qualification that is taken by students throughout England and is designed for students between the ages of 14 and 16. It was thoughtfully developed to be a pre-university curriculum that prepares students with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in their field of interest.
Top Features and Advantages of the Cambridge IGCSE Curriculum
Some of the most well-known features of the Cambridge IGCSE curriculum at international schools in Phnom Penh include:
- A vast array of subject areas are offered. There are more than 70 subjects to choose from making the education of the child focussed on what they want to pursue in their careers.
- A flexible structure allows for plenty of personalisation. This aligns with our commitment to differentiated learning for all our students.
- An English-based curriculum supports fluency in reading, writing and speaking the English language.
- Course syllabi provide the instructors with an outline for offering an international course while still leaving room for them to incorporate local relevance into the curriculum.
The Cambridge IGCSE curriculum is the perfect complement to the mission and pedagogy at Harrods International Academy, offering benefits such as:
- Its worldwide recognition. Many of the premier universities around the world consider the Cambridge IGCSE to be equivalent — or even, at times, superior — to their national curriculum.
- Its flexibility and agility. School administration and teachers can implement the curriculum effectively in their schools, which ultimately leads to personalised instruction for students at Harrods International Academy.
- Its skill-based structure prioritises hands-on learning and promotes frequent communication and collaboration in the classroom setting.
- It allows students to develop cultural awareness, which is particularly important for students who hope to study at an international university. Cultural awareness can bridge the divide between groups and allow students to work confidently and collaborate with all types of learners.
The Harrods International Academy Difference: How We Implement the IGCSE at Our Private Schools in Phnom Penh
At Harrods International Academy, we effectively implement the Cambridge IGCSE curriculum into our upper secondary school. Our commitment to holistic education makes the Cambridge IGCSE the perfect fit for our school. We are able to improve student results by:
- Offering suitable infrastructure and creating engaging learning spaces where students are able to collaborate as they enjoy hands-on lessons.
- Offering small classes with a ratio of 15 students per teacher — ensuring that every child receives the personalised instruction they deserve.
- Enhancing the curriculum with advanced technology — allowing students to become familiar with the technological tools that will bring their learning experiences to life.
Learn More About Our International Schools Cambodia Today
In addition to being a Cambridge school for upper secondary students, Harrods International Academy also offers an early years school and an international primary school. We believe that learners of all ages deserve an education in Cambodia that allows them to engage with the world around them and gives them a chance to discover their passions.